Where is Season 5?

Hi Munchies!

I just wanted to give you a quick update on our Survival server.

While Season 5 has been ready for a while, we are still waiting for third-party software to allow us to launch. When we teased a July release a few weeks ago, we were intentionally vague since we did not have enough information to set a release date that we could guarantee to meet. The reason for that is that Season 5 will launch on the new version of Minecraft, 1.21.

Unfortunately, 1.21 seems to have made a lot of system changes in the background which resulted in a much longer wait than anticipated for stable 1.21 multiplayer. As you may remember, we use Folia - a branch of PaperMC - to reduce lag and power our multiplayer experience. Since they haven’t been able to update to 1.21 just yet, we are currently waiting (as impatiently as the rest of you).

The good news is that Paper 1.21 is finally stable now so we’re hoping that Folia follows soon. Right now it’s looking like an early August release (fingers crossed). We’ll let you know once we’ve settled for a date.
Here’s a trailer to keep you excited :winkcheetos:

The trailer is tailored towards a more general audience than all of you MunchyMC regulars, but it still includes teasers for a big change we’ve kept secret so far. Let us know what you think and how excited you are!

27 Likes

The trailer was made by the amazing @DutchMTC

8 Likes

I think we all deserve at least 10 crate keys for having to wait THIS long for s5!!

6 Likes

Custom terrain is HYPE! Also it looks like they’ll be a class system??? If custom structures are added like it appears I call dibs on a wizard tower in main world!

I still can’t tell the theme if there is one but spawn looks the most colorful so I like that, appears to kinda be an adventure theme…?

5 Likes

hurry it up cheater :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

early august means august 1st 12am right?

5 Likes

Didn’t I call the custom terrain? :dancer:

4 Likes

this better have /fly :rage:

3 Likes

I love Terralith! Super excited for that ^^

Hopefully things update soon, can’t wait for this new season :^)

2 Likes

Biweekly tournaments seem to be mcc games lol

It’s just the championship hall!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for all to be revealed! :eyes:

4 Likes

Awwww I thought it would be something new ;(

But does this mean new championship games or is that TBA?

New championship games! I’ll try and find the link of that teaser if I can find it! :blush:

:_)

4 Likes

Good things always take time, please don’t rush it and take your time :) I am sure based on the trailers and teasers that there will be many exciting things to look forward to, and I am very happy to wait for it because I know you will do the community proud.

3 Likes

This ^ I want my wizard tower to be spotless by the time this season releases :angry:

1 Like

omfg it’s so gooooooooood and the tree at spawn is incredible btw tysm to the devs and all the team your work is increddible and I can alr say that s5 is gonna be a banger u did rl ygreat work!!

5 Likes