/fly

Probably known already, and if it’s not to some people, there’s been some chit chats about ++’s perk being /fly. There’s been plenty of thoughts that fly would be permanently removed on season 5.

And while I emphasis over the fact that it’s never been stated that it will be fully removed, I would love to see how you’d take a change.

• Do you believe fly would be removed?
  • Is it an actual issue to survival?
  • Is it gonna affect your overall play style?
  • What do you expect will happen?

And since I’m bored and I recall how to make polls, have this!

Do you believe fly will be removed on season 5 (as a ++ perk)
  • Yes!
  • No!
  • I don’t know…
0 voters
If fly had to be fully removed, would you mind that change.
  • Yeah, I’d be upset.
  • I don’t really mind it being removed.
  • I don’t have any strong positions about it.
0 voters
If fly had to be reworked, how would you feel?
  • I wouldn’t mind at all.
  • Pretty annoyed.
  • I don’t know…
  • Gotta see the results first to even decide.
0 voters
How do you feel about fly. (Pretty personal poll)
  • Busted. Should have never existed.
  • Fine ish, pretty handy for some tasks.
  • Good but it kinda ruins the game.
  • Definitely the best thing in the game.
  • I don’t know.
0 voters
5 Likes

I love fly so friggin much, but ur delusional if you think it’s balanced…

personally I wouldn’t mind if it got removed or even just reworked.

Good post! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

(I AM NOT A SURVIVAL MAIN so my opinion might have wrong things)

I’d say fly ruins the whole point of SURVIVAL, sure I get its modded (alot) but I really think it’d be cool if it just got like another point, maybe gliding? fly on spawn and your own bases maybe? also elytras and rockets are a thing soooo yeah… idk I’m not a survival main so I don’t know how much it changes the game and the economy and allat ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I’d say maybe not delete it but for sure rework it.

5 Likes

It’s firm for building but it ruins so much other things it’s crazy. If you’re in a fight and someone /flys or an event then they get such an advantage. A rework is desperately needed for combat, as for other things like events no one can’t control that much I don’t know what to do! Maybe a fly should be allowed for a specific amount of time then it goes on cooldown.

Anyways well formatted post gj. (Needs color thooooooo)

4 Likes

I definitely prefer having /fly for building, however for other aspects of survival, I can see where it can become debatable.

I would definitely hate if it was removed, but a slight rework could possibly do it well.

3 Likes

I say fly being gone would make the game more interesting in grinding, exploring, and gathering resources, but would take away a lot from the ++ rank. I say maybe we have limited fly time per month or maybe have fly only enabled in claims or the main world, also some fly gadgets can be exciting. Keeping the building aspect of survival is very important considering we have amazing builders every season and interesting concepts always coming along.
But regardless of whether fly stays or goes, let’s have the most fun in Season 5.

6 Likes

I understand how /fly ruins the whole point of survival, im just a big fan of it because of how much easier it easier it has made building. Removing the perk as a whole I feel would be too much, giving it a rework that makes it less overpowered would be the best idea in my opinion.

3 Likes

Replace /fly and instead make a perk for ++ being they have access to an extra superflat world with creative fly to make maparts or something idk
Might be too pay to win but also you don’t really need maparts to win. in survival

4 Likes

the whole point of buying ++ was the fly perk it had. I would feel scamed tbh if it was removed

4 Likes

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing /fly removed, but if it is removed, then I would like to see more ++ perks so that it is more “worth” it to those who bought the rank.

I will note however that /fly did certainly make the game much easier, which could have contributed to why I stopped playing. If /fly was removed I am certain that the game would be more “authentic” to a survival server experience, and side note, it would probably positively benefit the economy more as there would be lots more firework sales and this could possibly be a good gold source for F2P players.

5 Likes

Simple fix : Make fly only in your claim or at spawn :smiley::smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

I understand why some people dislike fly (and how it’s op) but in my opinion that’s like one of the top reasons people purchase ++ and I kinda feel like it’s one of the only perks that really makes the extreme cost of 150 USD (don’t quote me on that) somewhat worth it. I know there are TONS of other good features, but if fly were removed I’d definitely be upset because I (and I’m sure some others) bought ++ mostly for fly. If fly was removed, I think the price of ++ should be greatly decreased, or maybe the +++ features should be added to ++ to make it more worth it for those of us who spent our money on the rank when it had fly.

7 Likes

1 Like

People actually spent 150$ ? :rofl::grimacing:

2 Likes

As far as I know there was once a discount that brought it to 70/50 usd. I do feel bad for whoever bought it for more…

1 Like

I meant buying it in general. I thought most ppl just irl deal

2 Likes

There’s no more irl dealers. Most/All deals happening this season were from prison deals :saluting_face:

2 Likes

I have been dying to see it reworked! to be honest, the moment I had fly it took all of 1 week for me to lose interest in build and projects. the challenge of finding ways to do things without it is what makes the game fun for me, although I understand that’s not the case for everyone. We all have our own opinions, and mine is that fly takes away from the feeling of accomplishment after doing a build. That’s why I haven’t really done anything as passionately as the builds I did in s3 pre having fly.

3 Likes

they gotta make money somehqw idk

2 Likes

cheater, if you are reading this, please take the following advice seriously into account:

make fly available in your own claimed areas permanently for ranked players
pumpkin pie type perk which lets anyone fly for 2 to 3 minutes anywhere (any world)
make fly available in extra worlds for ranked always (every other week).

seems like the most balanced, removes most of the imbalances in the main world

thanks

5 Likes